Saturday, July 30, 2005

 

Saturday 30 July 2005 THE RAIN IN SPAIN

Hola

Yes it is raining and the perfect day for it because it is a kind of free day for me today. Great to have a lazy, rainy day in between all the hectic and very hot days. You know, every day I am thankful that I am doing this trip now and not when I am older. It really is hard work and tiring all this travelling and being a tourist all day. So many steps everywhere and lots of walking and standing in queues etc. I don´t know how the older people do it. I leave the hotel about 9 am everyday and don´t return until about 8.30 pm absolutely worn out. Not to mention how dangerous it is just crossing the road. I´ve had 2 near misses in Germany where thankfully my aunt grabbed me one time and the 2nd time my cousin grabbed my arm. It is so easy to look the other way and step onto the road right in front of oncoming traffic. Hopefully those 2 were a good lesson for the rest of my trip. I am really extra careful now as there is no one to grab my arm now.

I have a little time to kill today as i have already checked out of my motel and my coach doesn´t leave until 5 pm for my 10 hour trip to Nice. So I had a leisurely lunch of pizza, very appropriate weather for this. Also finally got the coffee right on this my last day in Spain. I´m a bit like Paul Hogan though with the bidets in the bathroom, don´t quite know what to do with them (just kidding) - but let´s not go there.

I have purchased a nice new sexy ankle bracelet, let´s see how long that lasts before i lose it.

Today is the Christening of the twins Kevin and Mark in Germany. All our relatives will be together for it but unfortunately I had to miss out on that event. My heart is with them though and I am looking forward to seeing my 2 babies again in September. I keep threatening to take one home to raise him as an Aussie and then they could be reunited when they are 20 yrs old. I´m sure Enrico is going to watch closely when I leave Germany that I don´t have any extra baggage.

So, off to Nice, France. Wish you all a wonderful weekend and keep in touch.

love Gisela xxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?