Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

4 August 2005 LOSING FREEDOM

Hi again. As from tomorrow I shall be joining a day tour and losing the freedom i have so much enjoyed along the Mediterranean. The bright side is I will have people to chat to and wont have to worry about how to get to places any more. Looking forward to the Amalfi Coast, Positano in particular, a dream of mine.

My last few words on France. Forgot to mention Antibes. When we visited the other day and strolled along the boat harbour admiring all the yachts, the crew of a yacht owned by a Belgium millionaire told us that many of their neighbouring yachts had to leave urgently to fly back because the King of Saudi Arabia had died. The neighbouring yachts were owned by the King of Bahrain and the Amir of Qatar etc. Now we know who has the money to afford such luxury. It costs 1100 Euro to dock their for 1 night; and the Belgium guy had already been there for 5 months.

For all you food lovers out there I thought I would tell you about the French delicacies I have been enjoying. I go to the supermarket most evenings for fresh baguettes and olives and cheese one night and then Baguette and pate another night and baguette and prawns another night. Pastries are beautiful especially quiches. I am also enjoying fresh seafood with a treat at a restaurant last night of spaghetti marinara, they cook their spaghetti in saffron. It was a really nice evening with loads of restaurants all in the one area and all full and outdoors, a great atmosphere.

Tonight I will join the paupers again on the overnight train.

Today I had a leisurely free day and climbed about 1000 steps to the Castle Hill lookout. Probably rated as the most beautiful panoramic views I have ever seen in my entire life. Would love to perch my house up there and it was well worth the climb. You can see the port, the beach and the city. I watched as the Corsica Cruise ship came in to port. It only takes 3 hours from Nice to Corsica and you can take the car with you. I was up there thinking I can actually stay and watch it come in, how often do we have the time to relax and enjoy watching ships go by. Like the saying, stop and smell the roses. Thats exactly what I am doing.

So that is it for today. Will next write when Cosmos Tours take me to an internet cafe so I am not responsible for any delay. Wish me luck!

love to all, Gisela

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?