Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Saturday 1 October - HOME SWEET HOME

To my dear readers,

Sadly I must say, this is my last entry today for giselastravels but please check within the next month or so because I hope to post a few photos onto my website for your enjoyment just as soon as I learn how to.

I landed at Sydney airport at 6.00 am and was greeted by 2 very special men in my life, my brother Robert and nephew Adam. Big hugs and kisses and I was bubbling over with happiness to see them again. We chatted all the way home and made the mandatory McDonalds stop for breakfast along the way. I returned for a very hot weekend 32 - 36 degree heatwave.

My home looked better than I remembered. So bright and fresh inside. Both my sister Val and her son had spent the previous day cleaning and tidying up and even Dad had come to tidy up the garden and remove some branches etc. The house was spotless, there were fresh brightly coloured flowers in a vase and food in the fridge etc. How wonderful to have family to welcome you home and to spoil you like this. We spent the day chatting and unpacking my bag full of goodies. We laughed and swapped stories and shared morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. They even left enough food to get me through the next couple of days. So yes, it felt good to be back home safe and sound and to have a whole house all to myself again.

My fat cat Isabella also looked healthy and well and happy to see me. She slept on the pillow beside me and when I placed my hand beside my head at night, she stretched out her front leg and placed her paw on my hand. She loves touching and that's how we both fell asleep. It's nice to have another heartbeat around the house.

So to all my friends, work colleagues and loved ones, thanks for joining me on this magical ride of a lifetime. I've been on buses, trains, planes, boats, taxis, motorbikes etc but all good things must come to an end. Like the saying goes, "the higher the high, the lower the low". So it was inevitable that after all this, I would come crashing down with a big thud and fall flat on my face.
There is nothing like the grocery shopping to bring you back to reality. The car needs repair, my tax return needs doing and lessons need to be prepared for classes on Monday. You all know the story, you are living it too I know and I'm sure your hearts cry out for me. In all seriousness though I miss my late nights sitting up and chatting with my aunt, the homely feeling of her and my uncles house with relatives popping by constantly. It will most likely take me a while to adjust to life on my own again, as much as I enjoy the peacefulness of my home, it does seem empty and quiet after having been surrounded by so many happy, loving and wonderful people for the last 3 months.

However, spring is here and it won't be long before I am back to my chirpy old self again. I returned to my routine 5 kms morning walks around my local park which never fails to put a smile on my face. I've had drinks with the neighbours and lunch with my nephew Paul, Fiona and Robert at Frenchs Forest. I noticed I was the only one who even thought to have a beer with her rump steak at the restaurant. A new habit I am going to have to wean myself off very soon. CHEERS! PROST! to all of you who came along for the ride. Stay tuned for giselastravels part 2. Yes I plan to visit the Caribbean and South America in 2008. In the meantime the photos and memories will have to suffice.

ASTA LA VISTA BABY!

from your traveller with love

Gisela

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?